The South Shore Workforce Development Board (SSWDB) creates connections with local businesses, educational institutions and community partners ensuring alignment of strategic, market-driven, workforce goals and initiatives to support the 22 cities and towns within the region. The SSWDB is one of 16 Workforce Development Boards across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that is business-led to effectively match a skilled workforce with current and expected future employment needs.
While the SSWDB serves as the “strategic planner” for the region, the South Shore Career Centers (SSCC) serve as the agents for “service delivery”. The SSCC offer comprehensive and satellite facilities across the region where businesses, job seekers and youth can directly access career development services and resources. As part of the “One-Stop” network across the Commonwealth, these facilities serve as a vehicle for businesses and job seekers of all ages and abilities to receive the services, resources and connections to meet the employment demands and opportunities within the region.
The SSWDB and SSCC Team provide a variety of free services and resources to ensure the region’s workforce possess the skills that businesses need to help them thrive and grow.
Through the SSWDB Businesses Can:
- Access labor market information and data to help plan, prepare and strategize current and future growth opportunities.
- Find information and receive guidance on available grants and programs such as Workforce Training Grants, Workforce Opportunity Tax Credits, Safety Grants, etc.
- Receive advocacy on a Local, State and Federal level to support the needs of area businesses.
- Participate in regional and state-wide meetings and discussions to help shape policy initiatives built to address the needs of local businesses that connect a skilled workforce to match their labor demands.
- Get involved in local and regional events and programs that highlight and celebrate the region’s economic and business development strengths and new initiatives.
Through the SSCC Businesses Can:
- Utilize comprehensive talent acquisition services such as career fairs, online job postings, pre-screening of job seekers and on-site recruitment.
- Connect with a Business Service Representative to create individual recruitment strategies to meet the businesses employment needs.
- Access Rapid Response assistance for businesses in transition, expanding or downsizing.
- Utilize space within the career center facilities for interviewing, training and seminars.
We encourage businesses to meet with one of our Business Service Representatives who will take the time to learn about your organization, assess your business needs (not only your employment demands) and share with you a variety of resources they can provide directly to you or refer you to organizations that will be able to meet your specific needs. Our goal is to support businesses and provide access to a skilled workforce.
If you would like to post a job directly to the state’s online JobQuest database, you will need to register (if you are a new user) complete a New Job Posting and upon completion, you can conduct a search of the over 30,000 candidates in our database.
Please call or email any one of our South Shore Career Center Business Representatives:
Additional Resources for Businesses
South Shore Regions Area Chambers of Commerce:
Resources for Small Businesses